At the Heart
Campaign for the Urban School
Performing Arts + Community Center
A center for shared experiences at the heart of our campus and community.
Urban has long dreamed about a larger home for our exceptional performing arts program and our community at large. Since the early 2000s, our enrollment has nearly doubled, and opportunities to serve our growing community have increased accordingly. Our dream has become an urgent call to action. Multiple jazz bands and choruses, a chamber orchestra, drama and musical productions, a one-act play festival, peer education theater and a one-of-a-kind circus program overwhelm our rehearsal spaces and attract audiences that our beloved Gumption Theater simply can’t accommodate. And while our impressive Salkind Center is a wonderful place for boisterous fans or short assemblies, a gymnasium can’t serve the myriad other events that bring us together — performances and lectures, film screenings and parent sessions, musical guests and panel discussions. Cue the Performing Arts and Community Center!
• Ingeniously embedded inside the shell of the historic St. Agnes Gym.
• Centralized hub for all Urban performing arts, including drama, music, circus, dance and other performances.
• Adequate space for classes, rehearsals, performances and faculty offices.
• School-wide, flexible gathering space allows for varying sizes of events.
• Flexible stage configurations support and enhance a variety of performances.
• Accessibility and pedestrian flow unifies the Salkind Center and Page Campus.
• Opens up much needed classroom and office space in the Page Campus.
• Opportunity for school to support community partnerships and small scale events.
At the heart of your legacy
Urban's students enjoy programs and facilities made possible by generations of families who came before us. Today's families have the opportunity to make the difference for tomorrow's students. Your gift will provide:
- A stage for our students.
- A forum for ideas.
- A home for our community to gather.
- A campus completed.
Donors of $10,000 or above will be permanently recognized on a donor wall in the new Performing Arts + Community Center.