In April 2008, The Urban School Board of Trustees finalized a new, five-year strategic plan. Since then, Urban has made progress on a number of initiatives
that are a key part of Vision 2013
is an ambitious plan that commits Urban to continuing our innovative educational leadership in six key ways:
- Increasing access to Urban.
- Building a diverse and inclusive community.
- Preparing students for 21st century opportunities and challenges.
- Attracting and attaining outstanding faculty and staff.
- Acquiring a new gym and performing arts space.
- Ensuring Urban’s long-term financial sustainability.
At the core of each initiative, our mission-driven focus as educators remains foremost: To ignite a passion for learning, inspiring our students to become
self-motivated, enthusiastic participants in their education — both in high school and beyond.
We will hold two meetings this winter (January 13 and February 1, 2011) to update our community on Vision 2013
. Meanwhile, for a quick overview and the
current status of each area, please roll over a color block. To download a complete Vision 2013
brochure, please click here