Urban Blues Basketball Camp
with Coach Joe Skiffer
This is your child's chance to build skills and learn from one of San Francisco's best-known championship-winning coaches!
WHO: For new and experienced players going into grades 5–8 in Fall 2022.
SESSION 1: June 13-17, 2022
SESSION 2: August 1-5, 2022
Join Coach Joe Skiffer and members of Urban’s Blues NCS championship basketball team for a fast-paced, skills-based, summer camp for students entering 5th-8th grade in Fall 2022. Young players of all genders will learn the following:
- Mornings are devoted to offensive skills enhancement with emphasis on shooting, dribbling, footwork and player work without the ball. Defensive concepts include emphasis on floor position, defending the ball, talk and footwork.
- Afternoons will focus on competition and games and learning to be a teammate.
- Player behavior and positive attitudes on and off the court.
Student athletes will receive an Urban Blues Basketball Camp t-shirt.
LOCATION Salkind Center Gym: 1639 Oak Street
CAMP HOURS Full Day: 9 am–4 pm
Half Day: 9 am-noon
COST PER WEEK Full Day: $590
Half Day: $310
- Early morning extended care from 8-9 am; afternoon extended care from 4-5 pm.
- $75 ($60 for Session 2) per week for morning or afternoon care; $150 ($120 for Session 2) for morning and afternoon care.
- Pickup after 5 pm will be charged at a rate of $1 per minute and will be billed in one hour increments after a 10 minute grace period.
All student-athletes should bring a lunch and snacks in reusable containers, as well as a refillable water bottle. A “no nuts” eating area will be set aside for students with allergies.
There is limited financial aid for families needing assistance. Be sure to register for your camp session online, pay a small deposit, and complete the financial assistance application. All financial aid forms due by May 9, 2022.
Download the camp flyer for details!
Coach Joe Skiffer – Camp Director and Head Coach
Joe joined Urban School in 2010 as coach of the varsity boys basketball team and Assistant Director of Athletics, prior to being named Director in 2014. He is a native San Franciscan with a very successful high school career at St Ignatius College Prep. Joe accepted a Division 1 scholarship to Boise State University where he was a three-year captain and starter. Joe went on to play semi-pro basketball before he started his career in education and coaching. Prior to joining Urban, Joe served as Assistant Coach at City College of San Francisco and St. Joseph’s Notre Dame in Alameda, where he worked with numerous players who went on to play Division 1 basketball at elite programs throughout the US.
Please note that Urban will follow all required and/or recommended health measures related to COVID as set forth by the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) at the time of the camp.
Urban School will refund 100% of camp tuition if we are notified via email prior to April 30, 2022, and 50% if notified between May 1-31, 2022.