Urban Blues Basketball Camp
*THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19. PLEASE CONTACT INFO@URBANSCHOOL.ORG IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS*
with Coach Joe Skiffer
This is your chance to learn from one of San Francisco's best-known coaches!
WHO: For new and experienced players going into grades 5–8 in Fall 2020.
Session 1: June 15-19, 2020
Session 2: June 22-26, 2020
Session 3: June 29 – July 3, 2020
Join Coach Joe Skiffer and members of Urban’s Blues basketball teams for a fast-paced, skills-based, summer camp for students entering 5th-8th grade in Fall 2020. Young players of all genders will learn:
- Offensive skills enhancement with emphasis on shooting, dribbling, footwork and player work without the ball.
- Defensive concepts include emphasis on floor position, defending the ball, talk and footwork.
- The second session of the day will focus on competition and games.
- Player behavior and positive attitudes on and off the court.
Student athletes will receive an Urban Blues Basketball Camp t-shirt and souvenir basketball.
LOCATION: Salkind Center Gym: 1639 Oak Street
CAMP HOURS: Full Day: 9 am–4 pm
Half Day: 9 am-noon
COST: Full Day: $480
Half Day: $240
EXTENDED CARE ($15/hour):
- Early morning extended care from 8-9 am.
- Afternoon extended care from 4-5 pm.
- Before/after care is billed at $15 per hour.
- Pickup after 5 pm will be charged at a rate of $1 per minute and will be billed in one hour increments after a 10 minute late period.
All student athletes should bring a lunch and snacks in reusable containers, as well as a refillable water bottle. A “no nuts” eating area will be set aside for students with allergies.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: There is limited financial aid for families needing assistance. Be sure to register for your camp session online, pay a small deposit, and complete the financial assistance application. All financial aid forms due by May 1, 2020.
Coach Joe Skiffer – Camp Director and Head Coach
Joe joined Urban School in 2010 as coach of the varsity boys basketball team and Assistant Director of Athletics, prior to being named Director in 2014. He is a native San Franciscan with a very successful high school career at St Ignatius College Prep. Joe accepted a Division 1 scholarship to Boise State University where he was a three-year captain and starter. Joe went on to play semi-pro basketball before he started his career in education and coaching. Prior to joining Urban, Joe served as Assistant Coach at City College of San Francisco and St. Joseph’s Notre Dame in Alameda, where he worked with numerous players who went on to play Division 1 basketball at elite programs throughout the US.