Being a Blue
Hello! My name is Zadie. I am a Sophomore at Urban. For K-8, I attended Marin Country Day School, and I currently live in Marin. Urban classes are the best because they are engaging, are small, discussion-based, and encourage deep thinking and participation. I have particularly adored my English and science classes. I am an enthusiastic member of the Black Student Union (BSU), Students for Women’s Equality and Rights (SWEAR), and Community Outreach club. I also lead MESH, an affinity space for students of mixed race. In addition, I am on the tennis and track teams. Beginning last fall, I started as a staff writer for the Urban Legend, our school paper. My favorite thing about Urban is that it is an environment that celebrates differences. We are constantly having discussions about our identities and the various factors that affect how we navigate the world.
Hi! My name is Ava, and I’m a current Sophomore at Urban. Previously, I attended San Francisco Day School, a K-8 independent school. At Urban, I‘m a representative on Student Committee and a member of Peer Resource, a student-led support group. I play basketball and alto saxophone in jazz band. I love that at Urban, all students thrive: musicians, athletes, artists, all are leaders in their own respective ways. I believe that being a Blue means exploring all aspects of yourself, through the variety of classes, clubs and other opportunities offered, and challenging yourself with the support of this amazing community.
Hey all, I’m Dustin. I graduated from Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School and am currently a Senior. My preferred pronouns are he/him. Here at Urban, I play varsity basketball and am a part of the Young Men’s Group (YMG). What I appreciate most about Urban is its inclusive community. We have a small yet diverse range of students, and through the years, these characteristics have made me feel closer with both my peers and teachers.
- Where is Urban located?
- How many students are accepted to the Freshman class?
- Does Urban give sibling and legacy applicants priority in the admissions process?
- Does Urban accommodate students with learning differences?
- How do I schedule a visit or Open House?
- Does the Admissions Office require a standardized test?
- Does the Admissions Office require an interview?
- What is Urban’s evaluation and grading policy?
- How does the 1:1 laptop program work?
- Does Urban have a dress code?
- Does Urban offer student clubs and activities?
- Does Urban accept transfer applications?
- What does it cost to attend Urban?