Applying to Urban
During fall and early winter 2022-23, we are offering 8th grade and transfer families many different kinds of opportunities to learn about Urban School. We know having a wide variety of events will help families learn about the school in a way that is consistent with your family’s values, health considerations and schedule.
In late August, please login to your Ravenna-Hub for access to all the events and sign up for what works well for prospective students and families. We can’t wait to get to know you!
All admissions events for Urban School are optional. Families are only permitted to attend one type of each event per admissions season (e.g., one Open House, one Parent Information Session, etc.). Please let us know if you or your family need any assistance (such as translation services, internet, technology or physical access needs, gender support plans, etc.) throughout the admissions season, or if you would like to chat with a member of the Admissions Team, please email us email@example.com or call 415 593 9555.
Urban In-Person and Virtual Events 2022-23
- Student Campus Visit
- Parent Information Session (In Person or Virtual)
- Open House (and Optional Athletics Information Session)
- Uniquely Urban (Virtual)
- Affinity Night
- Student Admissions Committee Hangout (Virtual)
- Optional Virtual Interview or Student Video Submission
Student Campus Visit
Parent Information Session (In Person or Virtual)
Open House (and Optional Athletics Information Session)
Uniquely Urban (Virtual)
Student Admissions Committee Hangout (Virtual)
Optional Virtual Interview or Student Video Submission
Frequently Asked Admission Questions
- Where is Urban located?
- How many students are accepted to the 9th grade class?
- Does Urban give sibling and legacy applicants priority in the admissions process?
- Does Urban accommodate students with learning differences?
- How do I schedule Admissions events?
- Does the Admissions Office require a standardized test?
- What is Urban’s evaluation and grading policy?
- How does Urban carry out its mission and core values around equity and inclusion?
- How does the 1:1 laptop program work?
- Does Urban have a dress code?
- Does Urban offer student clubs and activities?
- Does Urban accept transfer applications?
- What does it cost to attend Urban?