Fall Season Highlights
As we near the end of the fall sports season, I wanted to share some highlights from what has been a great start of the year for the Urban Blues.
- The White Out - While we did not defeat UHS, we took them to the limit and played in front of a PACKED house in St Agnes Gym. The school spirit exhibited by most of our student body was nothing short of exceptional and it certainly aided our varsity volleyball team in their effort to knock off UHS.
- Boys Soccer vs Drew @ USF - For 78 minutes we battled Drew, played exceptional defense and the boys kept themselves in the match. With two minutes left, Evan ripped a free kick off the cross bar and straight down over the goal line. The boys showed heart and determination and showcased why you play until the last whistle
- Cross Country BAC Challenge - Already in the midst of a great season, our boys cross country dominated the BAC Challenge taking home the team title and finishing 1 and 2 in the men's event thanks to Cole and Sean. (NOTE - Next Friday the boys and girls teams battle for the BCS Title in Lindley Meadow. We will have a bus ready to take students, faculty and staff over to support!)
- Varsity Tennis vs Marin Academy - Our varsity tennis team, enjoying a great regular season, met rival Marin Academy in Golden Gate Park. Tied at 2, Sarah battled through several match points and pulled out the 2nd singles victory and the match for the Blues. The girls will have the # 2 seed in the tennis tournament that starts next week. (NOTE - Allegra plays in the individual semi finals Friday @ 3:30 pm at City College)
- JV Soccer - Hat Trick Harry leads the boys JV team to a great victory over rival UHS and earns the nickname, Hat Trick Harry in the process.
- JV Tennis Jamboree - Showcasing skill and spirit (think blue face / body paint) the Lady Blues bested MA in the semi's and barely lost to UHS in the finals, taking home the 2nd place trophy
So many other moments come to mind and will be discussed in upcoming posts as we focus next week on season recaps and award winners. Thanks to our athletes for making the fall a great success and thanks to our fans for showing their support.
Director of Athletics
Friday October, 30, 2009 at 01:16PM