Hard to believe, but our summer is nearly over and on Monday we start the 2012-13 Athletic year. The Blues had much to celebrate in 2011-12 and we look to build upon our success and school spirit this year. Here are a few things to look forward to:
* As some may have already heard, Urban Athletics has a BRAND NEW look in '12-'13. We're excited to unveil our new look on Monday the 13th, and fear not, students, parents and alumni will have the ability to outfit themselves in Urban Blues Gear with our new look!
* Girls Volleyball - Our 2011 squad was YOUNG and competitive. Our 2012 squad will have a solid core of returning players and should compete for the BCL West Title.
* Cross Country - For the second straight year, we lose quite a few quality runners from our highly competitive program. Fear not, anchored by Walker, Cassidy and Molly C, the Blues will once again contend for BCL, NCS and CIF supremacy!
* Boys Soccer - The Blues had a breakout year in 2011 finishing third in the BCL West and qualifying for the NCS Tournament. Duplicating that success will be difficult as the Blues graduated quite a few talented senior leaders, but Harry K and Gabe K look to continue the tradition of success. The boys will play several Friday Night games, which will offer the student body a fantastic opportunity to showcase our Urban Pride!
* Girls Tennis - The Lady Blues hope to build on the success their male tennis counterparts achieved in the spring of 2012 and will be lead by Anna S, Rowan P and Danielle P. All signs point toward a fantastic season!
* The City Cup - Year 2. Last year the Blues narrowly lost the City Cup, our year long athletic competition with Lick-Wilmerding. We hope to change the outcome in '12-'13 and get off on the right foot with Volleyball, Soccer and Tennis victories.
Can't wait for Monday the 13th and the start of another season of Urban Athletics!
The Urban School of San Francisco
Director of Athletics
Wednesday August, 8, 2012 at 11:31AM