What a Week -- UPDATED
UPDATE - What a fun week this has been with 3 more games to go! On Wednesday the Boys JV opened with a dominating victory over Crystal Springs and were lead by freshman Rowan and Eddie. The Varsity boys followed with a defensive effort for the ages and shut Crystal Springs out in the 4th quarter winning 40-25.
Last night the JV and Varsity girls defeated SF Waldorf in dominate fashion raising their respective records to 2-0. Today the JV Girls battle AAA power Wallenberg.
3 games in the WEEK left. GO BLUES!
As the weather changes and the winter rolls in, so does BASKETBALL season. We're off and running and the week of 11/28 - 12/3 is a busy one for the BLUES. In the span of 6 days, we will play 12 games with all our teams taking the floor. As of Wednesday, I've had the opportunity to watch:
- Girls Junior Varsity - Victorious over city rival Lincoln in their home opener in St Agnes. The girls won despite playing without 2 key returning players. Freshmen Katherine S and Bonnie B came up big in the 2 point win.
- Girls Varsity - Big winners over Freemont Christian in their opener in Kezar. 3 girls in double figures, some incredible interior passing and tenacity on defense highlight the opening win.
- Boys Varsity - Also big winners vs Freemont Christian on Monday night. Johnathan B and Nate C lead the way for the Blues, who despite a sloppy first half, got the job done.
- Boys Frosh / Soph - WINNERS in their opener last night vs Lick in St Agnes Gym. The boys raced out to a big 2nd quarter lead and held off the rival Tigers claiming a 36-31 win. Big Andre and Brendan D lead the way for the Blues who played inspired basketball.
Today I will get the opportunity to see our Boys JV team open play vs a talented and tough Crystal Springs. Other highlights this week:
- Girls Varsity and JV vs Waldorf - 12/1 in Kezar - 4/5:30pm
- Girls JV vs city rival Wallenberg - 12/2 in St Agnes - 4pm
- Boys Varsity vs reigning state champ St Joe's - 12/3 - 2:00pm in Kezar
A busy week for the BLUES!
The Urban School of San Francisco
Director of Athletics
Wednesday November, 30, 2011 at 01:44PM